Dr L.P. van der Weij belongs to a select group of plastic surgeons specialising entirely in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. As a plastic surgeon, the most important aspect of his work is to foster the relationship with his patients and ensure their safety.
“Deciding whether or not to have a cosmetic procedure is an extremely personal choice. Optimum results depend on your level of knowledge about the procedures involved and the decisions you make based on this knowledge, as well as the expertise of your surgeon and the healing process. Hopefully my site will help you on your journey towards achieving optimum cosmetic results.”
Dr Leo Peter van der Weij has been a plastic surgeon since 1992; his work has been entirely devoted to cosmetic plastic surgery since 1997.
- 1978 – 1985
- Medical studies, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- 1985 – 1988
- Training in general surgery, St. Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein
- 1989 – 1992
- Training in plastic surgery, Academic Hospital, Nijmegen
- 1992 – 1996
- Member of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery department, Academic Hospital, Rotterdam Dijkzigt
- Doctorate completed, Catholic University, Nijmegen
- 1996 – 1997
- Plastic surgeon, Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem
- 1997 – 2008
- Full-time plastic surgeon, Klein Rosendael clinic
- 2008 – 2010
- Part-time plastic surgeon, CosmeSurge, Dubai UAE and Abu Dhabi UAE
- 2009 – 2011
- Plastic surgeon, Esthégi clinic
- 2009 – 2015
- Plastic surgeon, Boerhaave Medical Centre
- Dutch Association for Surgery (NVvH)
- Dutch Association for Plastic Surgery (NVPC)
- Dutch Association for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery (NVEPC)
- Dutch Association for Hand Surgery
He completed his doctorate on April 25, 1995 at the Catholic University of Nijmegen. His doctoral thesis was on a new method of nerve recovery. The full title of his thesis is: Peripheral nerve elongation by laser Doppler flowmetry controlled expansion.
Dr Van der Weij knows from experience that women are more satisfied with the end results of a breast augmentation procedure, if they are properly informed of the various aspects involved beforehand. This prompted him to write his book: “U overweegt een borstvergroting – Goed geïnformeerd naar de plastisch chirurg”
The book describes the various phases involved in breast augmentation procedures, from the initial decision to recovery.
Dr Leo Peter van der Weij has been a plastic surgeon for 23 years and opted to specialise entirely in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures 18 years ago.
Any form of continuing training he undertakes – from attending a conference to keeping up with scientific literature – is specifically aimed at cosmetic surgery. So you can be absolutely sure you are putting yourself in the hands of a practitioner who is experienced, up-to-date and well-informed in the field of cosmetic surgery.
Cosmetic plastic surgery is not just work for Dr Van der Weij, it is his passion. He firmly believes that as a patient you deserve this commitment.
Dr Leo Peter van der Weij has his own website: www.drleopetervanderweij.nl.
He is married to Suzanne and they have 3 children. Two daughters: Lowé, Benthe, and one son: Retief.
Dr Van der Weij enjoys running in his leisure time. He goes out running several times a week, which gives him the fitness and energy he needs to be fully committed to his family and work.